Monday, October 27, 2008

We're back....

We got back late Saturday night from our vacation in Kentucky. Amazing how times goes so quickly on vacation. I have TONS of pictures to share so I'll try to make the captions brief.

Here's Tierney on her first plane ride. And yes, the tray table is the cheapest seat in the house!


She really was a good traveler, little fussing, and slept most of the time (as you will see in next pic)




Here she is meeting Mamaw (her great-grandmother) and Papaw (Chris' dad)




I must say, Mamaw makes Tierney look like a toddler :)



So, her relationship with Papaw started out a little rocky. After all, he does have a beard (which really weirds her out). But once she realized he had a shiny watch too, well, you can see what happened



"Wait, who has me?"

Tummy time, before she crawled away




Reading with Nana before bath and bedtime





Then it was off to the park for her first ride on a swingset, which she LOVED!





Playing in the leaves at the park




And trying to eat them


When she smiles now she scrunches up her nose like this, which Chris says she got from me




scarecrow, who are you kidding

4 generations of Withrows


We went to Carter Caves on Wednesday with Papaw and Mamaw. This is a giant lollipop she thought she really wanted in the gift shop!




And she loved the pumpkin setup out front!


Tierney was strapped onto the front of Chris and loved being carried like a big girl! Every time he stopped she'd start kicking her legs to get him going again, too cute!


A whole bunch of pics from the caves






Yep, I was there too!












we stopped at the lodge restaurant, imagine our surprise when they handed us the menus






Time to stop and play




The old Kentucky covered bridge






Oh the people she met!

grandpa Dave


Cousins Josh and Jamie




Aunt Gail


Aunt Drew


Family friend, Margaret


A pic with Nana


Well, I think that covers it. I have alot more pics, but hit the highlights. We had such a great time and we were very sad to leave! We'll be back next year of course, hopefully sooner rather than later. Tierney is changing so quickly, at Nana's she was crawling all over the place, trying to get into stuff. So we did some babyproofing yesterday and now its back to a routine for us!

This weekend Mike, Christine and Abby should be visiting, which we are really excited about! Next post I should have some trick or treating picks and updates from their visit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This post made me cry, I really miss her and I can't wait to give her a big squeeze this weekend!