About a year ago my good friend Jessica got engaged and began planning her wedding. She had asked me if I would be willing to make her wedding and grooms cakes as my gift to them, and of course I said I would be happy to. After all, it was a year away, I had plenty of time to plan and pull this off. So, plan I did, we had a design, and I decided to bake the cakes a week ahead, freeze them, prepare the buttercream early in the week and assemble 3 days prior. Everything was going beautifully, cakes baked..check, buttercream made...check, cake assembled..eeerrrrrkkkk...

This was my first wedding cake after all and I had greatly underestimated my nerves. I let them get the best of me and had several meltdowns along the way, but in the end I had accomplished my goal. The cakes were in no way perfect, but I was pleased with the outcome and learned so much along the way. This just reaffirmed my aspirations of being a cake decorator in the future!
Here are the cakes packed up and ready to head to the reception site

In case anyone wondered what Tierney was doing while I was making these cakes, I took some photographic evidence :)


Here are the cakes at the reception site. The wedding cake had a bottom tier of white cake with lemon filling, middle tier was white cake with raspberry filling and anniversary layer was chocolate with buttercream filling. The cakes were box mix, but the fillings and buttercream was all homemade! The grooms cake was devils food wil chocolate buttercream and raspberry filling. yummy!


Bride and groom cutting the cakes, I resisted the urge to cry...lol.

I could not have been happier with the way they tasted, they were yummy...moist, creamy buttercream, I had to resist the urge to take all the leftover home. But, I was so sick of that smell I couldnt stomach it!
Here's a pic of Chris and I after the wedding, feeling very relieved!




1 comment:
Sorry I haven't posted til now, I haven't a had a free hand in a while, but OMG the cakes turned out AMAZING!! Seriously, awesome job mel!! They look delicious too! I am thoroughly impressed, and showed Michael and told him to guess who made them, he was way impressed too and you know how hard it can be to impress him!
Next time I get married, will you do my cakes?
Post a Comment